Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concession Speech - 1672 Elections
[Image: IqY1V01.jpg]

Gathered before the press at Beaulieu Park is Prime Minister Natalia Cotilla, surrounded by some of her most staunch supporters and many National-Liberal politicians.

Quote:Prime Minister Cotilla steps behind the podium, greeted by applause from her supporters.

Thank you so much.

I am proud to be an Aldurian. Last night, the people spoke. I respect the majesty of our amazing democratic system.

I have been informed that President Campos has asked the leader of the Liberty and Democracy Party to form a Government.

I called Mr. Velez of the Liberty and Democracy Party, and offered my congratulations.

He and his party ran a strong campaign. They deserve our respect.

The other parties also ran excellent campaigns. We must all be proud to live in a Republic where the people are free to choose for themselves, free to decide.

And I want the country to know that this Government will work closely with Mr. Velez' team to ensure the smooth transition of power.

There is important work to be done, and Alduria must always come first. So we will get behind the next Government and wish him -- wish him well.

Cotilla breaks eye contact with the crowd and looks down to her paper. Her steely and calm resolve seemed to fall like a veil, if only for a brief moment. Only the sounds from the cheers of support of the crowds and the clicking press cameras hung in the air before she lifted her gaze again to the audience, with a few tears welled up in her eyes.

And for the Aldurians that trusted the National-Liberals in this last election, thank you for your support. We are lucky to see President Capos re-elected, but alas, we didn't make it. We fought a good fight. We kept the faith. We believed. It has been an honor -- a true honor, to serve as Prime Minister of the Republic of Alduria.

Now I ask of all Aldurians that we unite behind the next Government and that we put aside our great differences, sharing a common purpose - that is, to make Alduria the envy of the world, a safe, prosperous, peaceful, and kind nation. A nation that can guarantee to each one of their citizens a fair shot to succeed, to thrive, to live.

And I would like to thank so many of you who have worked beside me to improve Alduria. I want to thank President Campos for his guidance, his leadership - congratulations on your reelection.

And I also want to salute the members of the Cabinet, all of whom have served... who have served this nation with honor, with integrity, and with great distinction. 

Finally, of course, I want to thank my entire family and all of my friends.

I remain absolutely convinced that we are a rising nation. We are in an extraordinarily difficult period. But this is also a period of our nation's history in which anything is possible.

Do not be deterred, don't stay away from public service by the smoke and fire of a campaign year or the ugliness of politics. As for me, I'm going to serve and try to find ways to help people. I urge you all, the people of this country, to stay involved in the political process. It needs your idealism. It needs your drive. It needs your conviction.

My dear Alduria, may your banner yet wave. Thank you so much.
Natalia Cotilla
1st Prime Minister of the Republic of Alduria
National-Liberal Alliance