Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration Form: Atanasio Amós Paredes
OOC Information About You
----------------------------------

What is your name? (What is the name we should call you OOC? This is where you tell us.)
Recks

Discord Tag Name: (If you have a Discord tag name, please put it here. EX: @eddyplolz#1987)
@Recks#7584

Micronational Citizenships Held By You: (Please use this space to list any and all citizenships you hold in other Micran nations. If you do not hold any, please write "None".)
None

Information About Your Aldurian Character

Your Character's Full Name: (Your character's name. Please note that Alduria has a mix of cultures, please consider names that originate from these cultures when creating your character.)
Atanasio Amós Paredes

Age of Character: (How old is your character?)

Other Micronational Citizenships: (If your Aldurian character has other micronational citizenships, please list them here.)
None

Avatar: (Whose picture will you be using as the representation of your character?)
Christophe Castaner

Aldurian State of Residence: (Pick your Aldurian state of residence. Here's a list of them.)
Mondego

Biography: (Please provide a brief biography of your character.)
Atanasio Amós Paredes is an Aldurian businessman and politician born in 1627 AN. Prior to his birth, his parents had moved from Alexandria to the island of Valladares as colonists. They lived a traditional fishing lifestyle and rose to be politically prominent on Valladares, enabling them to send Atanasio to university in Alexandria.

Paredes was in Geneva (the old Alexandrian capital) when, two years after he completed his education, the Alexandrian flu broke out and chaos consumed the Empire. Paredes decided to return to Valladares, where he began a small arbitrage and mercantile business aimed at the local community - putting his educational background in finance to use. His business acumen led him to expand throughout western Eura.

The businessman would ultimately settle in Corrada del Rio in what would become the state of Mondego, where he founded a prominent regional discount supermarket chain at the age of 35, along with his younger brother.

In 1669 AN, with the foundation of Alduria, Paredes (then 42) was seen as a leading financial backer of a national conservative political movement. He continued to run his business and focus on charitable and philanthropic endeavors in Alduria, however, staying out of direct politics for a few more years.

With the 1672 elections looming, Atanasio Paredes was persuaded by local members of the National-Liberal Alliance to stand to represent Mondego. He was selected to lead the N-L ticket in Mondego, where the party won a vote share higher than its national proportion. Since then, he has focused on his parliamentary duties while his brother - Timeo - runs the supermarket chain.

Political Details About Your Character

Political Affiliation: (What is your character's political affiliation? You can find information about the Aldurian political parties here.)
National-Liberal Alliance (Center-right)

Political Views: (Use this space to explain further your character's political views, if needed. This is helpful to use if you are starting out as a politician and want to shape your character's main political narratives, pet issues, and previous political record.)
Atanasio Paredes, having grown up in a traditional Alexandrian household, believes strongly in family values and the importance of caring for society. While he is considered by many to be a pragmatic politician, who adopts a "whatever works" approach, his core beliefs revolve around tradition and respect for stability.

This can be attributed to Paredes' time spent in Alexandria during its collapse. He opposes sudden changes of power and ideas that can be described as destabilizing to the social fabric of Alduria. This includes social conservative beliefs.

While economically right-of-center, Paredes does see a role for the state in certain economic endeavors necessary to the state's functioning. He is supportive of a modest welfare state to support those who cannot support themselves. Coming from outside the A.C.D., Paredes is well-aware of the economic inequality and will make equitable development a priority of his efforts.

Affirmation of Loyalty
"I, Atanasio Amós Paredes], hereby affirm that I absolutely wish to become citizen of the Republic of Alduria; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of Alduria against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of Alduria when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Aldurian Armed Forces when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion."

Yes.
Atanasio Paredes
Leader of the Aldurian National Alliance
MP for Mondego
(formerly of the National-Liberal Alliance)
(bio; wiki)
NPC: Camille Belmont, ANA candidate for the Presidency
Welcome to Alduria!

YOUR CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION IS APPROVED.