Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Immigration Form: Guillermo Alamilla y Martinez
OOC Information About You
What is your name?
I guess Alamilla, I don't really have a consistent online handle

Discord Tag Name: (If you have a Discord tag name, please put it here. EX: @eddyplolz#1987)
Baronvonjobi #7699

Micronational Citizenships Held By You: (Please use this space to list any and all citizenships you hold in other Micran nations. If you do not hold any, please write "None".)
None

Information About Your Aldurian Character
Your Character's Full Name: (Your character's name. Please note that Alduria has a mix of cultures, please consider names that originate from these cultures when creating your character.)
Guillermo José María Alamilla y Martinez

Age of Character: (How old is your character?)

Other Micronational Citizenships: (If your Aldurian character has other micronational citizenships, please list them here.)
none

Avatar: (Whose picture will you be using as the representation of your character?)
Pending,
Open to suggestion. I always suck at finding one.
What do you think this guy looks like?

Aldurian State of Residence: (Pick your Aldurian state of residence. Here's a list of them.)
Murcia

Biography: (Please provide a brief biography of your character.)
Born to a middle class Martino family, Guillermo was educated in mechanical engineering and worked in the automotive sector in Alexandria before the collapse. He has since emigrated to Murcia, where he works as a lecturer in mathematics at a local college and has taken to publishing essays on the future of Aldurian politics. He has registered as a Social Democrat and intends to stand for parliament in the next election.
(I don't really know the history of these other micronations, so I'm just kind of keeping it generic)

Political Details About Your Character
Political Affiliation: (What is your character's political affiliation? You can find information about the Aldurian political parties here.)
National Congress for Social Democracy (I could maybe be talked into New Center, depending on needs, ie. if we have too many social democrats. Guillermo is a cientifico technocrat at heart.)

Political Views: (Use this space to explain further your character's political views, if needed. This is helpful to use if you are starting out as a politician and want to shape your character's main political narratives, pet issues, and previous political record.)
He's primary interested on the development of Alduria along the lines of three concepts, Rationalism, which in his formulation means the targeted development of industrial sectors in which Alduria has natural advantages and the discouragement of capital wasted in noncompetitive sectors through targeted tariff  and, if necessary subsidies, system, the idea that corporate entities must encouraged, if not forced, to reinvest in the expansion of productive enterprise rather than short term inflation of value, and the elimination of rent seeking, Economic Nationalism, the idea that Alduria's natural resources are the natural property of all Alduria and the moral and practical necessity of universal education, universal healthcare, and universal old age security,and Democracy, the notion that enterprises decision making should be by and for all stakeholders rather than capital investors alone.

To these ends, Alamilla is an enthusiastic supporter of oil nationalization and believes it should be extended to all mineral resources, to prevent the development of rentier class that profits from simply owning the rights to exploit natural resources. He's also supporter of the creation of a two tiered national bank, the top tier being an issuer of bonds and currency with a dual mandate to control inflation and unemployment, and a second tier with branches in each province which will hold and invest tax reciepts and currency easements into local banks and credit unions and act as a lender of last resort, the idea being to have a centralized governmental system that can take advantage of economies of scale while decentralizing the private system to maintain local and community control.

Affirmation of Loyalty
"I, Guillermo Alamilla, hereby affirm that I absolutely wish to become citizen of the Republic of Alduria; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of Alduria against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of Alduria when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Aldurian Armed Forces when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion."
Welcome! Big Grin Good to have someone taking over the left-wing--just in time for elections! Smile
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
Welcome!!!

Your application is APPROVED!

Welcome to Alduria. I will be back to answer your questions - have had a busy morning today. Happy to have you in the game just in time for elections! The New Center is currently going to be split between the LDP and the DFL - that’s a story that will be part of the pre-election narratives. Feel free to reach out to me on Discord directly! I am Edgard on there.
Okay, now that I'm at a computer - the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) is the party of the Aldurian left and it doesn't have a leader. We went through a period where we had more political parties than participants and we've been consolidating parties. So the New Center, being leaderless at the moment, will dissolve and split between the Liberty and Democracy Party and the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.  If you want to, you're welcome to assume leadership of the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, which can be a key player in the elections if it puts up a good campaign!
(11-02-2019, 05:07 PM)Alduria Wrote: Okay, now that I'm at a computer - the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) is the party of the Aldurian left and it doesn't have a leader. We went through a period where we had more political parties than participants and we've been consolidating parties. So the New Center, being leaderless at the moment, will dissolve and split between the Liberty and Democracy Party and the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.  If you want to, you're welcome to assume leadership of the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, which can be a key player in the elections if it puts up a good campaign!

OK, I guess that's what I'll be doing.
(11-02-2019, 09:21 PM)Alamilla Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 05:07 PM)Alduria Wrote: Okay, now that I'm at a computer - the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL) is the party of the Aldurian left and it doesn't have a leader. We went through a period where we had more political parties than participants and we've been consolidating parties. So the New Center, being leaderless at the moment, will dissolve and split between the Liberty and Democracy Party and the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party.  If you want to, you're welcome to assume leadership of the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, which can be a key player in the elections if it puts up a good campaign!

OK, I guess that's what I'll be doing. 

Sounds good! Consider it done, for narrative purposes let's go ahead with that. I'll write it up in the press as well.