Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-001: Constitutional Amendment to Secure the Law of the Graces
Quote:
[Image: bDpWGM0.png]
Constitutional Amendment to Secure the Law of the Graces
An Act to provide to amend the Constitution of the Republic of Alduria to Secure the Law of the Graces

BE IT ENACTED by the duly elected Parliament of the Republic of Alduria assembled, 

ARTICLE 1: CITATION

This Act shall be cited for all purposes as the Constitutional Amendment to Secure the Law of the Graces

ARTICLE 2: CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

The following article is added to Title VIII of the Constitution:

"Article 84. No law or order shall be issued preventing the immigration or naturalization of persons into the Republic of Alduria who shall pledge to follow the laws of the Republic and who has pledged to assist and develop the Republic. Nothing in this article shall prohibit the Government from denying entry or deporting an individual who is not a citizen of the Republic who has been convicted of a criminal offense or to deny entry to an individual who represents clear and present dangers to the national security and integrity of the Republic, subject to judicial review."

ARTICLE 3: RENUMBERING SUBSEQUENT ARTICLES

Existing articles in the Constitution from Title IX Article 84 through Title XI Article 89 shall be renumbered to reflect their proper article number after the incorporation of the aforementioned amendments.

ARTICLE 4: COMMENCEMENT

In accordance with Title X, Article 89, these amendments shall come into immediate force upon the signature of the President of the Republic after its Constitutional passage by 2/3rds of the members of this Parliament. 

Parliament will now come to order to consider this bill, presented by the Prime Minister on behalf of the Government. 

The Chair now recognizes The Prime Minister.
Maria Rejo
Liberty & Democracy Party
Speaker of Parliament
Madam Speaker,

I rise in strong support of this bill today. The Government is proud to introduce this bill to codify into law what is codified in the hearts of the vast majority of the citizens of this Republic: the Law of the Graces. The Law of the Graces has provided grace to our great Republic, filling our nation with hard-working, well-qualified individuals eager to help build up our Republic. It is an essential cornerstone upon which our Republic is built on. Certain extreme elements in this Parliament seek to undermine this important principle. This Government will step up to the plate to protect this important liberty--the liberty to say "Yes, I want to become an Aldurian" and come to this Republic to strengthen it with diversity and skill.

This bill is carefully crafted in such a way that we still maintain the right to reject entry to people who represent a danger to the Republic, while also having the important check of judicial review so that, God forbid a far-right Government ever came to power, this provision could not be misused to bar people from our Republic for no reason.

I urge all of my colleagues to support this important Constitutional amendment to ensure that the Grace that has sustained and strengthened our Republic endures, even as Governments change.
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
The Chair now opens the floor for general debate. All members may offer debate or amendments at this time. Debate shall last for no less than 48 hours.
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament
Mr Speaker,

I commend this bill to the house, this government is taking the action that is desperately needed. Immigration is what our nation is built off and we must preserve this to help this country, the people of our country and people who are being forced to escape war and violence.

People in this world are being persecuted for their race, religion and sexuality among other things. We must be there to help the most in need, in return they will help us by working in our economy as well as providing diversity and culture among our communities with traditions, food and religions that have never touched our shores.

It’s also the right thing to do to protect innocent people for being attacked for things they cannot change. It’s disgusting that people are being killed for things out of their control and we must protect them. It’s our duty as part of the global community.

Alduria is built of immigration and being a nation for people with none. This government is taking action, I and my party fully support this bill. I urge the rest of the house to do so as well.
Marco Zimmer MP
MP for Valenciana (1678-)
Leader of the DSP (1678-)
Prime Minister of Alduria (1682-)
Former Deputy Prime Minister (1678-1682)
All time for debate has now expired. The question is: Shall Parliament pass the pending bill? Voting shall last for no less than 48 hours

DIVISION: CLEAR THE LOBBIES!
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament
AYE

Level 3 Whip
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
3 Line Whip

Aye
Marco Zimmer MP
MP for Valenciana (1678-)
Leader of the DSP (1678-)
Prime Minister of Alduria (1682-)
Former Deputy Prime Minister (1678-1682)
All time for voting has expired. On this vote, the result is as follows:

AYE: 160

L&D: 100
DSP: 60

NAY: 21

EDP: 21

ABSTAIN: 71

ANA: 54
IND: 17

So the Ayes have it and the Constitutional amendment is adopted. Unlock!
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament