Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Press Cycle
This thread is to be used continually for MPs, politicians, public figures, and other Aldurians to make a statement or answer questions from the press.

This thread is for more general concerns and topics, especially any of those that are not addressed by any ongoing specific press cycle threads.

Some recommendations:
  • Keep your statements concise, direct, and short. You run the risk that people will not be able to focus or even recall what you said, hurting your message.
  • Bold your tagline or key statement. You want something snappy, memorable, and likely less than 10-15 words.
  • Deliver your message. Whatever you are trying to say, make sure that it's easy to understand, concise, and well-written. Calibrate your message to your audience.
The L&D party follows through with its promises. An important first step is the first bill we've submitted for this Parliament delivering on a key campaign promise: to give greater powers to our autonomous regions of Alduria. While the Government sleeps, the opposition acts--and this bill is a key first step in ensuring that the peoples of Baatharzi and Ladino have a greater say over how their regions are run in every respect--including education. I'm proud that the L&D is standing strong behind the rights that our autonomous regions should have, and I hope that the Government and the ANA will support my request to submit this as a Private Member's Bill--and by so doing, speedily address this critical issue.
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)