Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Press Cycle: Peace of Corcovado, End of Verionian-Raspur War
The Verionian-Raspur War has ended with the Treaty of Corcovado, signed between the Raspur Pact and Gran Verionia.

A bill has been introduced by the government to ratify the Treaty of Corcovado, an agreement borne from multiple and careful rounds of negotiations between Raspurian (Aldurian among them) diplomats and Verionian diplomats.

This thread is for comments to the public or the press regarding the bill and the end of the Verionian-Raspur War.
Years ago I had to make the most difficult decision I Prime Minister can make--to authorize military conflict. As difficult as the decision was, I'm proud that we stood along side our allies in a conflict to ensure that the peace of our trade routes and our citizens were maintained. I'm even prouder now that this war has finally come to an end with us and our allies obtaining our central objectives: securing the freedom of navigation in waters, securing our trade routes, and standing firmly alongside our allies. 

I commend our exceptional diplomats for negotiating a good peace--one that the L&D party will be proud to support in Parliament. It is my deepest hope that the peace that we have fought for will be maintained for generations to come and that our Republic will continue to grow and prosper.
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
I am proud to witness the end of this horrible conflict with a delicately negotiated peace that ensures stability. When our nation is at peace, we can focus on helping our people and moving forward together.

I applaud the efforts of the previous government and by our diplomats. The Aldurian National Alliance believes that we must adequately invest in our diplomatic services, guarantee a good salary for our diplomats, and establish a national academy to train the next generation of conflict defusers.

Unlike the other parties, the ANA will also vigorously pursue a foreign policy that comes from strength, informed decisions, and from a close connection with our Raspur allies.
Soraya Hoseini
Aldurian National Alliance
MP from the Baatharzi Autonomous Region
(Previously played: Robert Beaumont until May 12, 2020)
While I'm pleased the Peace has been ratified by Unanimous Consent, I'm disappointed the Prime Minister didn't even show up to the debate. It was clear this peace was going to be ratified by Parliament overwhelmingly, but it is disappointing that the Prime Minister couldn't be bothered to appear before Parliament to commend the peace deal to Parliament. The citizens of Alduria rightly expect more from their Prime Minister--and I hope he will step up to in future to ensure that he speaks for every bill the Government tables in regular order before Parliament--even if he thinks it is non-controversial.
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)