Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
B-001: Taxation Free Small Business Act 1684
Quote:
[Image: Nx0lCP6.jpg]

Taxation Free Small Business Act, 1684
An Act to bring tax relief for small businesses; among other purposes.
BE IT ENACTED by the duly elected Parliament of the Republic of Alduria assembled, -
Article 1.Citation.
-This act will be referred to as ‘The Taxation Free Small Business Act, 1684.’
-This act shall apply to the entire Republic of Alduria.

Article 2.Definition of a small business.
-Under this act, a Small Business is defined as "small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have 75100 employees or less."
-The figure for number of employees can be adjusted by the local government from between 50 to 10075 to 125.
-These small businesses will not be forced into paying Corporation Tax. 

Article 3.Eligibility.
-All small business aside from business in healthcare (unless they provide free service), electricity companies, and gas companies;
-Any business that attempts to exploit loopholes or fire employees on purpose to achieve the tax free figure of employees will not be eligible to become taxation free.
-Any business with a poor workers rights record can be rejected by local government after investigation.
-During investigation taxation on said business taxation levels will stay normal.

Article 4.Severability.
-This act shall not become law until the end of the second financial quarter after the passage of this Act.
-The provisions of this act are severable. If any part of this act is declared invalid or unconstitutional, that declaration shall not affect the part which remains.   

Parliament will now come to order to consider this bill, presented by the Prime Minister on behalf of the Government. 

The Chair now recognizes The Prime Minister.
Maria Rejo
Liberty & Democracy Party
Speaker of Parliament
Pursuant to Section IV, Rule 5 of the standing orders, I hereby open this bill up to general debate as the Prime Minister has not given an initial speech within the first 24 hour period of debate. Anyone may now debate the bill.
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament
Madam Speaker,

While the L&D party will support this bill, I'm disappointed that the Government only incorporated some of our suggestions in the final draft of the bill. While we're delighted that the Prime Minister has resisted the extreme wing of his party that sees businesses as the enemy--this bill can and should go further. Therefore, the L&D party moves the following amendments:

Velez I:

Amend Article 1 to read:
Quote:Article 2.Definition of a small business.
-Under this act, a Small Business is defined as "small businesses are privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have 75100 employees or less."
-The figure for number of employees can be adjusted by the local government from between 50 to 10075 to 125.
-These small businesses will not be forced into paying Corporation Tax. 

Velez II:

Amend Article 3 to read:
Quote:Article 3.Eligibility.
-All small business aside from business in healthcare (unless they provide free service), electricity companies, and gas companies;
-Any business that attempts to exploit loopholes or fire employees on purpose to achieve the tax free figure of employees will not be eligible to become taxation free.
-Any business with a poor workers rights record can be rejected by local government after investigation.
-During investigation taxation on said business taxation levels will stay normal. 

Madam Speaker, these two amendments will ensure that small businesses at every level of the community enjoy these protections. The second amendment also ensures that healthcare practitioners with under 100 employees will qualify under this act. We must remember that many healthcare companies are, in fact, small businesses that employ a core staff of doctors, nurses, hygienists, receptionists, etc. I can see no logical reason to exclude this vital lifeline to the health and wellbeing of our local communities from this bill and I hope Parliament will support my amendments.
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
The Chair now opens up debate on the following amendments: Velez I and Velez II. No less than 24 hours for debate on the pending amendments. Should the amendments be adopted as friendly by the Prime Minister, further debate on the amendments will be suspended, debate will return to the main bill, and no division will be required for the amendments.
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament
Madam Speaker,

I support the amendments offered by the Gentleman Leader from the LDP.

I yield.
Soraya Hoseini
Aldurian National Alliance
MP from the Baatharzi Autonomous Region
(Previously played: Robert Beaumont until May 12, 2020)
Since 24 hours have passed and the amendments have not been accepted as friendly by the Prime Minister, Velez I and Velez II now proceed to a division.

Members are asked to cast separate votes for Velez I and Velez II. Voting on both amendments shall happen concurrently.

DIVISION! CLEAR THE LOBBY!
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament
Velez I: AYE (L&D Level 2 Aye)

Velez II: AYE (L&D Level 2 Aye)
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)
Velez 1: Aye (2 Line Whip)

Velez 2: Aye (No Whip)
Marco Zimmer MP
MP for Valenciana (1678-)
Leader of the DSP (1678-)
Prime Minister of Alduria (1682-)
Former Deputy Prime Minister (1678-1682)
Velez I: AYE (ANA Free Whip)

Velez II: AYE (ANA Free Whip)
Soraya Hoseini
Aldurian National Alliance
MP from the Baatharzi Autonomous Region
(Previously played: Robert Beaumont until May 12, 2020)
All time for voting has expired. On these votes, the result is as follows:

Velez I

AYE: 301

DSP: 113
L&D: 108
ANA: 80

NAY: 14

ANA: 14

ABSTAIN: 27

IND: 27

So the Ayes have it and Velez I is adopted. Unlock!

Velez II

AYE: 242

L&D: 108
DSP: 70
ANA: 65

NAY: 60

DSP: 40
ANA: 20

ABSTAIN: 40

IND: 27
ANA: 10
DSP: 3

So the Ayes have it and Velez II is adopted. Unlock!
Maria Rejo
Speaker of Parliament