Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[GENERAL ELECTION, 1672] Parliamentary Elections Thread
NOTE: When I mention Social Security in the issues poll, I am not referring to any programs like the US's Social Security, but referring to the welfare or aid system for the poor as a whole. Just a quick note to avoid confusion or extracting wrong contexts.  Smile
BROWN UNVEILS MOVEMENT CAMPAIGNS
[Image: TijDmMt.png]

Jean Brown and the Movement for Alduria have entered the race for Alduria's parliament, promising to unify Aldurians across north-western Eura. The minor party, whose campaign runs parallel to Brown's long-shot efforts to become President, has chosen a notably single issue platform in an attempt to curry favour with residents in the unincorporated lands of Napoléon and Biscarrose.

At the campaign's launch event in the capital Punta Santiago, Brown answered questions from the press and interested voters alike, with responses to support the Movement's claims that the party is a viable alternative option for those disillusioned by bland and generic centre-right politics. An emphasis on the party's humanist factor was made, as Brown - himself a mixed-race Alexandrian - noted the vast array of cultures and beliefs that constitute the Aldurian populace and that the most effective way to strengthen the nation is to work critically and empirically, especially in light of the current climate elsewhere on Micras.

Some reporters were themselves critical of Brown's knowledge and experience, with one question alluding to his sporting background as a professional footballer being no basis on which to form a trustworthy political résumé. Brown, although perturbed, noted that others had thought the same thing in both Alexandria and Caputia during the beginnings of his political journey, but his polling and rise through the tiers of government spoke for itself. Admitting that he may not indeed be a career politician, being so may be to the party's benefit among voters similarly wanting new ideas from new faces.

While the Movement for Alduria's primary policy is to ensure the official and recognised settlement of the two southernmost states, other points of note included:
  • International neutrality - Brown: "Alduria is our focus, we need not quarrel with others whose problems are their own ... Micras' current landscape is fractured, but Alduria is building. We must continue this."
  • Economic growth - "These are early days for Aldurians, development is strong and, most importantly, rapid. The time for a plateau, once we are united and every Aldurian can live comfortably, comes closer. Knowing where to take the economy after that point is key."
  • Poverty - "Every Aldurian needs to know they are protected by their own nation. Many people's first worry isn't foreign threats, or trade, or even who represents them in parliament, but that they can house and feed their family. Protection to be able to do that can come from different sources, the most important being employment of course, but we should not punish our own people at a time we need one another the most."

The Movement for Alduria's campaigning is expected to continue with rallies around major Aldurian cities, with postal flyers having already been dispersed throughout the nation in areas of known support to increase the chances of winning certain seats.
Jean Brown
President of the Aldurian Federation of Football
Former Alexandrian international footballer (06-07)
A new set of pop polls will be coming out tonight around 8pm EST.  Big Grin

If you want material to count for that, get it in today!

Y'all making me so proud. Loving the work all of you have been putting in.
[Image: unknown.png]
Tzvi Barak
(Former) Leader of the New Center Party
Lord of Rakija
Better late than pregnant.

[Image: XJsIYHV.png]

I am gearing up for my vacation and need to do a lot before I head off - I likely won't be able to issue any more pop polls for probably three or four days.

So I'll try to give everyone a little analysis:
  • The Liberty and Democracy Party is running a great campaign. The speeches are compelling and great in the context of the election, but they are also key contributions to the cultural development of Alduria (the olive oil factory speech was pretty great). Keep up the great work - I suggest hitting the ground on health care, the education, and the environment a little bit. Your message on the economy and defense are resonating. Now that you have the voters' attention, move in on that attention and let them know you have solutions on a range of other issues too.
  • The New Center is also doing well - it is the most well-known brand here, having served in a largely successful Transitional Government. The campaign made a great move early with the press conference, showed people that the party and its leader are willing to take risks and open up to voters and the press. Loving the billboards as well. But I need to note, your billboards should start having a message: what are the key points/takeaways that you want to convey in the ad? For example, the pollution one highlights a key issue. But the radioactive waste is from nuclear bombs, not from waste being dumped all over the continent. I could waved that ad through if it was on pollution in general (the river Nouradin is seriously polluted, that picture could have worked there for instance). Tighten the bolts, build a compelling message behind your ideas and your leader, stay consistently on message, and watch the numbers grow.
  • The Euran Destiny Party is running a strong campaign - the only one who is actually highlighting the defects it perceives in its political rivals and offering solutions. The last post highlighted strong language on the Bassarid Empire which appealed strongly to many of the Caputians in Alduria that have a strong hate for the Bassarid Empire and what they represented to Caputia during the larger Keltian confrontations. Maybe this is the issue that the EDP can seize on to appeal to the Alexandro-Caputian majority?
  • Movement for Alduria is getting a lot of response from Alexandrians that know Jean Brown - he is the most valuable asset the party has. His star power can propel the party up the polls through a sustained campaign highlighting its three main issues (well identified). The brand is not well known, but its leader is. Take that into account moving forward and make good use of your asset (and the message you have crafted)!
If you need more feedback, have any questions, want to shoot the shit - I am always available on Discord. Smile I may be slow to reply, but I will be available.

Also - you guys have been so great. Glad to see there haven't been any debacles like this...
(05-21-2019, 11:35 PM)Alduria Wrote:
SHOCK POLL: NAT-LIBS AHEAD AS PARTIES STOP CAMPAIGNING
The poll presents a hung Parliament, with the Nat-Libs buoyed by Campos performance in presidential race
ALKHIVA, COMPOSTELA (Newsflash) -- A poll released today by the Aldurian Institute for Public Opinion (AIPO) has the National-Liberal Alliance ahead in the parliamentary preference vote with 26% of the vote.

The performance of President Alejandro Campos at the top of the presidential ticket for the National-Liberals, along with the lull in campaigning from the other political parties in Alduria, has propelled the Nat-Libs back to the top. The Liberty and Democracy Party comes in second with 23% of the vote. The New Center is third with 20% of the vote.

The poll has surely energized the leadership of the National-Liberal Party. Incumbent Prime Minister Natalia Cotilla has begun an aggressive barnstorming campaign across the Republic, where she will hold several town hall meetings and a series of campaign rallies to energize Nat-Lib supporters.
[Image: rTizeXg.png]

[Image: e0ss3lW.png]
[Image: 686627%5B6.jpg]
BARAK: EDUCATION IS MOST IMPORTANT
Good evening,

Education is a valuable thing. Without it, my speeches would make zero sense to any of you. But one thing that our friends in Punto Santiago don't understand, without education they would not be there! Education is what made me who I am! But the thing is, education costs outrageous amounts of money to utilize to it's fullest!

We here at New Center believe that cheaper education should be a priority without jeopardizing the quality of our classrooms. Our children need to learn how to be successful in life, but they will never learn if it costs them their arms and legs to afford! 

A cheaper education starts with the lessening of the costs of textbooks. Textbooks these days are pretty expensive, and our goal is to lessen their prices and make them affordable so even the most average of people can buy them and use them. Our goal is to make it so that almost anybody can buy any book for any class.

Another goal is the introduction of higher standards for teachers. Teachers resonate a big influence on our students. But one influence is the biggest, the standards of their education. We need teachers who will make the next generation of our nation stronger than it is today. In order for this, we will implement tougher regulations on what teachers need to qualify, without making their lives harder. 

Thank you all for listening to me today. For a stronger education for the next generation, vote for New Center!
Tzvi Barak
Lord of Rakija
The Liberty & Democracy party takes out the following ads on social media and on select digital billboards around urban polling centers:

(Imagine that it says "Liberty and Democracy Party Voter" rather than "ACLU Voter")

[Image: letmevote2018.png?itok=M_42W6yP]
Alfonso Velez, MP
Liberty and Democracy Party
Leader of the Opposition
CEO of 4Hire and Velez Investments
Former Prime Minister of The Republic of Alduria (1672-1682)

[Image: unknown.png]
Tzvi Barak
Lord of Rakija
From the National Aldurian Broadcasting Company:

(05-25-2019, 07:52 PM)Alduria Wrote:
[Image: YSvJWSp.png]

[Image: tjGykmI.jpg]

PUNTA SANTIAGO, ALDURIA (NABC News) – Aldurian government officials are sounding the alarm: reservoirs of water around the country are seeing extremely low water levels in comparison to the previous two years.

The alarming proportions of water scarcity in Alduria are becoming clearer as a government survey found that storage levels at many water processing and storage facilities are, on average, down to 14.62%. There are some storage facilities and reservoirs that are completely empty.

The Central Water Commission of Alduria, which monitors over 91 reservoirs across the country, revealed that reservoirs across the country contain 4.10 BCM (billion cubic meters) of water when last measured.

Following these findings, the Centre has issued a "drought advisory" to all Alduria states except Valenciana and Valladares, asking them use water in their reservoirs judiciously.